As from January 2012 the Dutch-language journal Tijdschrift voor Medisch Onderwijs (TMO, Netherlands Journal of Medical Education) is transformed into an English-language journal Perspectives on Medical Education. Perspectives on Medical Education will be published six times per year. Historically, subscription was linked to membership of the Netherlands Association of Medical Education, but nowadays individual and institutional subscriptions are quite common. Perspectives on Medical Education offers international authors an additional option for publication.
Although there are many medical education journals, the international TMO has added value, giving Dutch medical education a place in the international arena thereby widening the views of both our Dutch and international readers.
At the Springer website you can read PME online
New Issue Alert
To receive a notification as soon as a new issue of Perspectives on Medical Education is published online, you can sign up for the New Issue Alert. Submit your email address below ‘Alerts for this journal’ on the right side of the page.
For more information go to www.perspectivesonmedicaleducation.org.
Wilt u een bericht ontvangen wanneer een nieuw nummer van Perspectives on Medical Education online is verschenen? Meld u dan aan voor de New Issue Alert. Vul halverwege de pagina uw e-mailadres in bij ‘Alerts for this journal’.
Types of manuscripts
The Journal aims to provide an international platform for innovation and research in health professions education. The readers of the Journal are clinical and preclinical health care professionals, educationalists, professionals, policy makers, students and other professionals with an interest in health professions education. Authors are invited to submit papers covering a wide range of topics – innovation and research in health professions education, case studies, practical guidelines and opinion papers. The scope of the journal includes all levels of health professions education, from undergraduate education to continuing professional development.
Guidelines for authors and reviewers
Editor in Chief
Erik Driessen PhD Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Deputy Editor in Chief
Lauren Maggio PhD Uniformed Services University, Maryland, United States of America
- Martin Grønnebæk Tolsgaard MD PhD DMSc, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Danmark
- Kal Winston PhD Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Anthony Artino PhD The George Washington University, Washington DC, United States of America
- Paul Brand MD PhD University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Diana Callender MBBS, DM The Commonwealth Medical College, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Anne de la Croix PhD Amsterdam UMC, VUmc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Walter Eppich MD PhD Northwestern University, Chicago, United States of America
- Gerry Gormley MB, BCh, BAO, MD Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Wendy Hu MD Western Sydney University, Sydney, Australia
- Debbie Jaarsma DVM PhD University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Kulamakan Kulasegaram PhD University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Kusurkar Rashmi MD PhD Amsterdam UMC, VUmc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Lorelei Lingard PhD Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
- Anne Mette Mørcke MD PhD University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Alisa Nagler JD, MA, EdD American College of Surgeons,Illinois, United States of America
- Laura Nimmon, PhD University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Yoon Soo Park, PhD University of Illinois, Chicago, United States of America
- Dujeepa Samarasekera, MBBS, FRCPE National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Patricia O'Sullivan EdD University of California, San Francisco, United States of America
- Charlotte Ringsted MD PhD Aarhus University, Århus, Danmark
- Johanna Schönrock-Adema PhD University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Pim Teunissen MD PhD Free University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meredith Vanstone PhD McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Lara Varpio PhD Uniformed Services University, Maryland, United States of America
- Cees van der Vleuten PhD Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Tim Wilkinson MD PhD University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
- John Q. Young MD MPP PhD Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and Northwell Health, Hempstead, New York, USA
Show and tell
- Teresa M. Chan MD McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Sören Huwendiek MD PhD Bern University, Bern, Switzerland
Guidelines for clinical education
- Robert McKinley MD Keele University, Keele, United Kingdom
- Chris Watling MD PhD Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
- Christy Boscardin PHD University of California, San Francisco, United States of America
Anja Heida Msc Bohn Stafleu van Loghum, Houten, The Netherlands
Lieda Meester Bohn Stafleu van Loghum, Houten, The Netherlands
Helen Dupuis Msc Utrecht, The Netherlands
Sarvagnan Subramanian Springer nature, Chennai, India