AMEE President Elect Nominations
AMEE members and supporters are invited for nominations for the position of President-Elect of AMEE. This person will be appointed at the AMEE Conference in Glasgow in 2023 and will serve a one-year term unitl the current President, Subha Ramani, steps down in 2024 to become Past President.
The President-Elect would become President of AMEE from September 2024 until August 2026. Thereafter, the officers in the post of Past President, President and President-Elect will each serve two-year terms.
The criteria for being considered for AMEE President-Elect are:
- Strategic thinking: The President-Elect should have a vision for the future of AMEE, be able to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the organization, while also being able to adapt to changing circumstances and seize opportunities as they arise. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to articulate their vision and plans to the wider AMEE Community.
- Commitment to the organisation's mission: The President-Elect should be deeply committed to the organization's mission of promoting the practice and scholarship of health professional education, and should be able to inspire others to share that commitment. They should demonstrate significant commitment to, and understanding of, the organisation.
- Strong academic background: The President-Elect should have a solid academic background in the field of health professional education and extensive experience in research, teaching and faculty development.
- Leadership skills: The President-Elect should be an effective leader who can inspire and motivate members of the organization to work towards its mission and goals.
- Experience in international settings: The President-Elect should have experience working in an international context, with a deep understanding of cultural differences and the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills: The President-Elect should be an excellent communicator, with the ability to articulate the organization's mission and vision to a variety of audiences, including members, donors, and the public.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion: The President-Elect should have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, with a track record of promoting equity and addressing issues of social justice in the field of health professional education.
Responsibilities of the President include:
- To provide leadership and Chair the Governing Committee and to ensure that Trustees fulfill their duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the Association.
- To Chair the AMEE Advisory Council which meets twice a year.
- To represent AMEE externally, acting as an ambassador to enhance the reputation of the organisation
- To develop a professional relationship with the CEO within which each can speak openly about concerns, worries and challenges.
- To be able to commit sufficient time to fulfil the obligations of the role, and be willing to accommodate the working hours of AMEE's UK headquarters.
In addition, in your role as President-Elect you would be asked to:
- Represent AMEE at some of its partner meetings.
- Engage with a range of AMEE initiatives.
- Work with the President on annual conference planning.
We want to hear the voice of the applicant, not just the nominators.
- A CV, Biography, and photo should be submitted together with details of all AMEE activities.
- A minimum of two nominators should include a written statement of no more than 500 words explaining why they are endorsing the candidate.
- The candidate must submit a statement of <1000 words to provide evidence of how they meet the criteria for the role, what their vision and priorities would be for the next 3-5 years for AMEE, what they would bring to the role, and what they would want to see as their legacy of being AMEE President.
For an informal conversation to find out more details about the role and to discuss suitability please contact Tim Wilkinson, Anne Lloyd or Subha Ramani.
Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (BST) on 31 May 2023.
Following this, the Nomination Committee will meet to triage the applications to a shortlist. All applications will be regarded as confidential. but details of those shortlisted may then be made known to the AMEE Advisory Council. Shortlisted candidate(s) may be asked to engage either with the AMEE Advisory Council or the wider AMEE Community (although the candidate's permission will be sought in advance).
The final candidate will be selected and appointed during the General Assembly at the AMEE 2023 Conference.
I look forward to receiving your nominations and thank you for your continuing support for AMEE.
Professor Tim Wilkinson
Chair, AMEE Nomination Committee