AMEE 2022 Conference Lyon – August 27th- 31st: Surgery Track
A special feature of the AMEE 2022 meeting is the Surgery Track which is of interest to all engaged in surgery education. It provides an opportunity for participants to meet with surgeons at the forefront of medical education and for postgraduate trainees the chance to consider further their career development.
The return of the AMEE Annual Conference has been welcomed by AMEE members and others with an interest in medical education. This provides a unique networking opportunity to meet with colleagues and discuss ideas about education in the health care professions. We are pleased to report that more than 3000 have already registered for the conference with more than 2000 joining the meeting in Lyon and others engaging online.
A special feature of the meeting is the Surgery Track which is of interest to all engaged in surgery education. It provides an opportunity for participants to meet with surgeons at the forefront of medical education and for postgraduate trainees the chance to consider further their career development.
Renowned international experts in the field of surgery education contribute to the Surgery Track, which features:
- Short communication and eposters describing advances and current practices in surgery education.
- A symposium addressing the important topic of engaging senior surgeons in professional activities.
- A workshop on coaching in surgery addressing the key fixtures of coaching and the unique skills needed in coaching in surgical education.
- Meet The Expert sessions which provide attendees the opportunity to meet informally with international renowned surgical educators in a small group setting to exchange ideas and share innovative strategies.
- A "Pearls" session providing a summary of the highlights of various components of the Surgery Track, serving as a capstone for the sessions within the track.
We ask for your help. There may be surgeons who are colleagues or working within your institution or postgraduate trainees in surgery who would value participating in and contributing to the Surgery Track sessions at the AMEE Conference. It is not too late for them to register. We would be grateful if you drew their attention to this important theme at the AMEE Conference and to the sessions arranged as described above.